"Washington was famously first in war, first in peace, first in the hearts of his countrymen. But, as President he was our first leader. His success in business makes him first entrepreneur. Our passion in Washington DECA is to live up to our state's namesake and be first in the world in leadership and entrepreneurship."
- Lori Hairston, Executive Director, Washington DECA
"Is teaching hard today? YES! DECA brings my teaching to life. DECA gives students a purpose and meaning to what is being taught. This in turn makes my curriculum more relevant and powerful. I credit my success in the classroom to the DECA program and couldn't imagine my classroom without it."
- Brad Charvet, DECA Teacher/Advisor from Grandview High School
"Growing up in Tennessee I had dreams. Once I joined DECA I gained the skills, plan and global network to make them real. Now I get to live those dreams in my new home in Washington helping the world's greatest leaders and entrepreneurs live theirs."
- Claire Coker, Past DECA National President and Transfer Pricing Associate at PricewaterhouseCoopers
"Stop reading this and start doing DECA! It will change your life!"
- Kaylee Hayden, Past Washington DECA Vice President from Rogers High School
George Washington once said, "A people who are possessed of the spirit of commerce, who see and who will pursue their advantages may achieve almost anything." President Washington would have LOVED DECA because this is what we do every day.
- Landon Wood, Past Washington DECA State President from Mark Morris High School