JOIN A CHAPTER
WHO ARE DECA MEMBERS?
DECA members are dues-paying individuals who belong to the international organization benefiting students enrolled in marketing education courses. DECA chapters are led by marketing education teachers/advisors. DECA offers three types of membership: student, alumni and professional.
- Members benefit from activities in DECA's comprehensive learning program, involving hands-on experience in the fields of marketing, entrepreneurship, finance, and hospitality.
- DECA offers a comprehensive, industry-validated competitive events program to its student members. Students can earn recognition, qualify for advancement to state and international competition, and vie for scholarships while demonstrating their career area knowledge.
- DECA members have opportunities to attend conferences designed to prepare them for college and careers.
- DECA members have opportunities to network with business and marketing professionals as well as other student DECA members across the state and nation.
- DECA members experience personal growth through academic preparation, community consciousness, personal responsibility, and leadership experience.
WASHINGTON DECA MEMBERSHIP COMMERCIAL
DECA Membership Commercial from Washington DECA on Vimeo.
DECA INC. MEMBERSHIP VIDEO
2017-2018 DECA Membership Video | #Limitless from DECA Inc. on Vimeo.
DECA, INC. MEMBERSHIP CAMPAIGN
Just like in business, continued grow this one of the keys to success. DECA's Membership Campaign is designed to help you grow your chapter by making the DECA experience available to more student members, keeping alumni involved, and engaging professional members such as administrators, teachers, parents, and business partners. Recognition for the Membership Campaign will be determined based on your membership submitted in the online membership system by the deadline. Download the Guidelines here.
WASHINGTON DECA MEMBERSHIP CHALLENGE
Washington DECA ended the 2016–2017 school year with 11,006 members! Our goal is to increase our membership to 12,000 in order to earn additional competitive event allocations at ICDC. Help us reach our goal!
The following chapters will be recognized with an award:
Area Chapters with the Highest Percentage Membership Increase
One chapter in each area, with the highest percentage membership increase, will be awarded with a certificate of achievement at their area conference
Chapter with the Highest Overall Percentage Membership Increase
The chapter with the overall highest percentage increase in the state will receive an award on stage at SCDC.
DUES AND PROCEDURES
Student and Advisor Membership: $20
Submit registration via the DECA Online Registration System. For detailed instructions, download the WashingtonDECA Membership Registration Procedures document and/or view the Membership Registration Video Tutorial.
Alumni and Professional Membership: $25
Alumni and professionals may be asked to support a particular DECA chapter's Membership Campaign by becoming a Washington DECA member. This support enables the chapter to reach goals that could lead to participation at the out-of-state International Career Development Conference.
Friends of DECA Membership: $25 +
For alumni and professionals not affiliated with a school's DECA chapter, please click here to register for a Friends of DECA Membership through Washington DECA.
Friends of DECA members will receive a Washington DECA tote bag and a bi-monthly e-newsletter as a token of our appreciation.